Legal Information - Safety
We wish we could create a page simply saying that "it's on the Internet forever" and
have people realize the safety issues at hand, however we all know that is impossible.
Therefore, we must go into great detail about safety on the Internet and
Gaming@NINA, because God knows someone will
do something completely asinine and blame us for it.
- Guess what? The Internet is public
- That's right, posting your phone number to your blog or a forum does not guarantee
that only your friends will see it. Sure, we have the ability to make posts and your
entire profile, blog, etc friends or family only, but that won't stop most people from
making public posts concerning their private contact information or other things they
do not want to be public.
- Everyone on Earth can read your profile, blog, and so forth.
- Just like the above, many people are surprised to find that when they post something to
a public blog or forum, or on their public profile, anyone on the entire planet Earth,
nearly 8 billion people, have the potential to read that information -- end of story.
That is not just on Gaming@NINA, that goes for
the entire Internet.
- People don't know you, and you don't know them
- To clarify, if you keep all your information private, nobody will know who you are.
The same goes the other way, just because someone says they are someone, or of a specific
gender, does not make it true.
- Harassment is against the law
- It really is, especially in more liberal countries. Therefore it should be
- Children under 13 are not allowed on Gaming@NINA
- We're dead serious about that. It does not mean they can lie when they join, and
later admit they are under 13. If such an account is found, it should be