vlad_tepes!imx

0 +0

Aug 10 '06

guys what do you think of Harry Potter
Rating: 0

Mr President

0 +0

Aug 11 '06

The movies are okay but they are a rip-off compared to the books that are heavy enough to kill with.

Grim Reaper

0 +0

Aug 11 '06

I hate Harry Potter, I never really caught a liking to it despite seeing a couple of the movies. And the size of the books just intimidate. >_>

lamegamefixer

0 +0

Aug 11 '06

The only reason that harry potter is so popular is because everyone wants to follow the crowd, and that the books stand out when put on a shelf with other books.  I mean, there is better reading material out there than a bunch of people who fly because they put wooden sticks between their legs.

dragonchan

0 +0

Aug 12 '06

I think its ok, seems overrated though. I don't really see how it is THAT much better than any other story.

vlad_tepes!imx

0 +0

Aug 12 '06

here in portugal , i bought the book , the last one , i bought the origina , itd bigger twice than translated to PT, all my class, said I am mad, but i read it all, and when i said it to my english teacher ,she gave me ''a bonus'', iwas supposed to have 3 ,in the ned but i had 4 , she said it was because of the book  ;D ;D

universe_jdj!imx

0 +0

Aug 13 '06

I like both... Even if the movies are a little short...

vlad_tepes!imx

0 +0

Aug 13 '06

short??, geez youre mad , 2 hours , or more

universe_jdj!imx

0 +0

Aug 13 '06

Compared to the story anyway... They cut too much out...

scizor

0 +0

Aug 13 '06

Books are ok. Movies are crap.

AngelEyez

0 +0

Aug 14 '06

I've seen 3 movies, played 1 game, didn't read any of the books. The movies were ok I guess. I don't know what people like about it so much.

thaddius

0 +0

Aug 14 '06

[quote author=Grim Reaper link=topic=25339.msg143184#msg143184 date=1155330573]
I hate Harry Potter, I never really caught a liking to it despite seeing a couple of the movies. And the size of the books just intimidate. >_>[/quote]

Not much of a reader I suppose? those books may have many pages, but the text is large.

[quote author=LåmëGåmê£ï×è® link=topic=25339.msg143200#msg143200 date=1155340105]
The only reason that harry potter is so popular is because everyone wants to follow the crowd, and that the books stand out when put on a shelf with other books.  I mean, there is better reading material out there than a bunch of people who fly because they put wooden sticks between their legs.[/quote]

What other reading material would you suggest?

lamegamefixer

0 +0

Aug 14 '06

[quote author=thaddius link=topic=25339.msg143579#msg143579 date=1155591223]
What other reading material would you suggest?
[/quote]
One should deduce that what I said was a personal opinion. ;)
I personally like the Warhammer series.