Gaming@NINA

Ending IGN's monopoly, one play at a time

Forums · Silent Hill - The Movie

thaddius

0 +0

Apr 24 '06

I just saw this last night and I found it to be awsome.

Best adaptation of a video game to film I'VE ever seen. And that's saying a lot.
Rating: 0

triforcemario

0 +0

Apr 24 '06

Meh, not sure if I should see it or not, its getting plenty of positive reviews, but also a good handful of negative ones.

Mana

0 +0

Apr 24 '06

What... a- a video game thats actually good as a film? But.. that's impossible. Never before has a video game looked good as a film... never.

Oh wait no, the Mortal Kombat films were pretty good, eh?

;D

Drifter

0 +0

Apr 24 '06

MK?  That depends on who you ask, really.

The Tomb Raider movies were alright, but I never played the games.  And I liked Resident Evil.

But it would be the action and horror games that convert best.

thaddius

0 +0

Apr 24 '06

Games like Mario Bros, House of the Dead, Doom, etc. those games, when turned into films, had no story to begin with so the directors and scriptwirters just made it up.

Resident Evil.... the story is very campy, and saadly, it's just another zombie movie story. they are many out there. Not to say it wasn't a bad movie, it's just not too original.

The MK films... come on. they were rahter silly.

Silent Hill though. It has a very intense story, one you'd expect from a Konami game. the mythology surrounding the character Pyramid Head, the constant shifting between misty and foggy Silent Hill, it's all very compelling.

I think it wasn't only an original story, but it was very faithful to the games, and it wasn't boring. I dunno. If anyone else has seen it, I'd like to know what you think.

triforcemario

0 +0

Apr 24 '06

The disturbing thing is that I actually enjoyed the Super Mario Bros movie. I must be mentally ill, or something.

thaddius

0 +0

Apr 24 '06

I haven't seen it since it came out, but I'll get back to you on that.

scizor

0 +0

Apr 24 '06

I never played any of the games.
I might get the collectors edition if I can rent it out.
I might go see it sometime.

Mana

0 +0

Apr 24 '06

Just for the record, I was being sarcastic about the whole MK thing... (I hope people aren't actually as dumb as I think they are).

qnzskater

0 +0

Apr 27 '06

I liked the MK movies, but back on topic. I liked this movie, like thaddius said, best adaptation of a video game. Im going to see this again with more of my friends.

AngelEyez

0 +0

May 31 '06

I haven't seen it yet. It's not in theatre yet in Holland >_< I saw a trailer of it and I think I'll like this movie. I think that you will like video game movies better if you haven't played the games of the films... maybe