Gaming@NINA

Ending IGN's monopoly, one play at a time

Forums · Adobe programs

Emerald knite

0 +0

Mar 23 '06

I wanted to try working on graphics and such, and I was kind tired of using paint. I was wondering which of the Adobe programs I could use, since I have no idea. And I tried a few, but it didn't work. So I thought you guys might help me.

Computer I use:
Microsoft Window 98
Intel Celeron Processor 366MHz
3.2GB Hard Drive
32X Max CD-ROM Drive
ATI 3D Rage Pro Turbo 2X AGP Graphics

Thank you.
Rating: 0

hymneth

0 +0

Mar 24 '06

Depends what you want to use them for. If it's just for sig-making/ site layout making/basic gfx, then just use Photoshop. Illustrator is more for vectoring, if you don't know what that is, then don't bother with Illustrator.

The other Adobe programs all serve different purposes. Btw, with that kind of comp stats.... using photoshop will be a slow and painful process for you.

Emerald knite

0 +0

Mar 24 '06

I see, I guess I have to find some other way. Thanks Fairy for the info...

triforcemario

0 +0

Mar 25 '06

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/

Its not an Adobe product, nor is it Photoshop, its a hybrid of MSpaint and Photoshop, it is useful for people who are used to MSpaint, but want some of the advanced functions of Photoshop.

scizor

0 +0

Apr 28 '06

You have a 3.2gb HD?
Yeah go with paint.net or The Gimp.

triforcemario

0 +0

May 7 '06

I'd say Paint.net, since the gimp is...well... very complicated, while Paint.net has got a interface very similar to the one of MSpaint.

SonGoku1905

0 +0

Mar 12 '07

I recommend Gimp .Very powerful and customizable and completely free and Open Source.
I 'm using it for my all graphical needs for some time and quite pleased.I'd neither pay heck of money to adobe for a program that has the same capabilities, nor risk my pc with cracks that may possibly contain malware.

You can also check Photofiltre for simple modifications . Freeware